It is done. I finished editing our vacation videos from 2006! I cut it into scenes, but the total running time is almost an hour. This embedded video player shows all of them back-to-back, but you’re probably better off picking and choosing from the list below. You can also download all of them in iTunes if you prefer.
- San Diego Airport Before Departure: Rosario and I being silly as we wait to board our first red-eye flight to New York.
- Central Park, World Trade Center: We had about 12 hours in NY before taking another red-eye flight to Madrid.
- Madrid: Graciela takes us to Puerta del Sol and Puerta de Alcalá, with a glimpse of the architecture of the Madrid Barajas Airport.
- Elche, Valencia, Alicante: Gema takes us through a few more Spanish cities, seeing la Dama de Elche, a museum, cathedral, castle, and televised World Cup game.
- Barcelona: Marta gives us a taste of the city’s culture.
- Mercat de la Boqueria: The huge market near la rambla in Barcelona.
- Manamana: Marta and Rosario’s version of the Muppets’ song, with some amazing laughter at the end.
- Leonardo DiCaprio at Parc Güell: Only as he was leaving did Marta realize it was him. We went back and found him in a bunch of the shots.
- Dinner with Francisco & José: Conversation with some new friends.
- Gaudí’s Sagrada Familia: Marta walks us through the famous cathedral.
- World Cup Game: Mexico vs. Angola in Hannover, all dressed up.
- Berlin Wall: Wandering around the city on bike, another World Cup plaza.
- Venice: Apparently not as romantic as expected.
- Florence: Roaming the city with a pit stop in Sienna, World Cup on giant screen.
- Rome: Touring the Colosseum, Pantheon, Vatican and catacombs. |
Originial blog posts from ’06
- World Trade Center almost 5 years after the fall
- A few hours in Madrid
- Cannons, tigernuts and stone women, oh my!
- Ah, Barcelona…
- Berlin during the World Cup
- The journey comes to a close in Italy