Saturdays in TJ: Hago Unos Hotcakes?

Second to family, the best part of Tijuana is the food. My mother-in-law is always cooking, always serving. Always. Seriously, she doesn’t stop. From the moment someone walks in the door, some sort of food already warm on the stove will be placed in front of them whether they’re hungry or not. It’s a beautiful thing. Lucky for me, the food is quite good :) She’s famous for the after-dinner line “Hago unos hotcakes? Should I make some pancakes?”

Gravatar Joe wrote @ February 2nd, 2008 at 2:42 pm

oh my god i’m so hungry right now. :) what are your cousins doing with their phones?

who made the great music? it would have also worked for a montage in a heist movie.

Gravatar prgibbs wrote @ February 2nd, 2008 at 4:41 pm

Yum. So beyond the production which I liked, here are some of the others. The interior color of the house. The abundance of technology. The familiar scenes originally captured in “Shoe Dump Set” and “Moonlit Hillside” among others. And last but not least, the super secret pinkie taco grip seen up close in one of the early scenes.

Gravatar jay dedman wrote @ February 3rd, 2008 at 10:02 am

what a kick ass video. so good.
(I’m loving the color of the walls. My mom would love them.)

Gravatar Nathan wrote @ February 4th, 2008 at 8:40 am

Thanks guys! The song is Coco Nutz Mass by BoTECOeletro. I found it on the compilation Future World Funk Presents: Urban Brazil. My nephews were watching videos or playing games on the phones.

Gravatar Isha.Net* wrote @ February 5th, 2008 at 12:17 pm

Ay que rico, hasta se me antojaron unos, y eso que no tengo hambre! jejeje

saludos

Gravatar oso wrote @ February 8th, 2008 at 3:04 pm

You know that it was recently international day of the pancake right?